Getting schooled on art
SB554 survives committee reviews
Senate Bill 554 back in play
SB554 dies on the vine
- Exhibit at UNCP features LGBT clergy - 2:43 pm
- Pembroke native, former UNCP professor Waltz Maynor, remembered as tireless advocate for students - 9:31 am
- RCC graduates law enforcement class of 2016 - 9:31 am
- Smith receives Gates scholarship - 9:31 am
- Accrediting agency warns Elizabeth City State - 9:31 am
- Pembroke OKs budget; tax rate steady - 9:25 am
- American Indian icon drops by - 9:03 am
- Getting schooled on art - 8:01 am updated: 5:00 pm.
- Timingcould bekey forSB554 - 6:43 pm
- Pet of the week - 9:27 am
- Fairmont celebrates Fourth on Sunday - 5:48 pm
- SB554 survives committee reviews - 5:43 pm updated: 5:01 pm.
- McCrory, Cooper clash on HB2 - 5:32 pm
- $5 million for domestive violence fight survives - 5:20 pm
- ‘Top Gun’ actress McGillis attacked at NC home - 5:18 pm
- View Story - 4:00 pm
- Health Board wants pets licenses - 10:00 am
- Pet adoption set for Saturday - 8:01 am
- Senate Bill 554 back in play - 3:37 pm
- Lumbees celebrate heritage at 48th homecoming starting Friday - 9:51 am
- SB554 dies on the vine - 9:50 am
- AIM walk reaches into Robeson - 9:22 am
- Safety scholars - 8:50 am
- Maxton employees get pay hike - 9:19 am
- Cyclists retrace Trail of Tears - 8:50 am
- Prisoner guilty of botched kidnapping - 8:48 am
- Sex-offender bill advances - 8:33 am
- Groups want protection for red wolves - 8:31 am
- Hip Pocket to finish out Alive After 5 series - 7:42 am
- Hard work pays off for 1,500 high school grads - 2:43 pm
- UNCP duo awarded the Hattie M. Strong Scholarship for teaching internship - 2:43 pm
- UNCP honors students for academics - 2:43 pm
- Robeson commissioner adopt budget that keeps tax rate, provides COLA - 9:31 am
- Taking the plunge - 8:12 am
- ‘State of the Tribe’ is July 1 - 7:17 am
- Fairmont man killed in crash - 7:14 am
- Treasurer promises workable schools plan - 9:25 pm
- Robeson resident starts petition to stop vicious-dog ordinances - 9:48 am
- County budget could get OK Monday - 9:36 am
- RCC to partner with UNC transfer program - 9:32 am
- RCC votes to enter energy plan - 3:47 pm
- Robeson commissioners retreat cost $13,115 - 3:04 pm
- Tribe accepts 2 grants for $42,000 - 8:16 am
- Two Hawk, Pembroke salon must pay after EEOC complaints - 2:16 pm
- Aiken named RCC’s interim president - 12:05 pm
- Vigil honors 49 who were killed - 9:28 am
- Harris asks for District 9 recount - 9:05 am
- Bill toughens penalty for drunken boaters - 8:29 am
- Toll cancellation expense put at $800M - 8:25 am
- Teen drowns in pool - 8:22 am
Pet of the week
Dingo is a playful and affectionate German Shepherd Terrier mix. He is up to date on all vaccinations, de-wormed and will be neutered. His adoption fe...
Fairmont celebrates Fourth on Sunday
FAIRMONT — The town of Fairmont will light up the night sky during its annual July Fourth celebration and fireworks show Sunday. The free event ...
SB554 survives committee reviews
RALEIGH — The CEO of an architecture firm proposing will spend the rest of his weekend crunching numbers after a heavily-revised version Senate ...
McCrory, Cooper clash on HB2
CHARLOTTE — North Carolina’s law limiting protections for LGBT people took center stage Friday in the state’s first gubernatorial de...
$5 million for domestive violence fight survives
RALEIGH — Millions of dollars in funding for domestic violence programs in North Carolina narrowly survived a legal fight over a law limiting pr...
‘Top Gun’ actress McGillis attacked at NC home
HENDERSONVILLE (AP) — An apparently shaken and frantic Kelly McGillis could be heard on a recorded 911 call screaming about a woman who broke in...
Pirates, Rams win wrestling events
LUMBERTON — Robeson County had all three of its wrestling teams in action on Wednesday night, with Lumberton and Purnell Swett earning top honor...
Rising to the occasion
ROWLAND — With his team facing a deficit heading into the fourth quarter, Red Springs coach Steve Sinclair pulled his starting guards to the sid...
McGirt off to best start of PGA Tour career
William McGirt is off to the best start of his PGA Tour career as he continues his sixth full season.Despite a lack of practice and time away from the...
Robeson County Schools postpone Friday basketball games
Jeff Fipps, Robeson County’s director of athletics, announced on Wednesday that all high school basketball games scheduled for Friday have been ...
Lady Pirates win, boys lose at Richmond
Lady Pirates rout RichmondROCKINGHAM — The Lumberton High School girls basketball team claimed a 58-38 win over Richmond on Tuesday, improving t...
Breakfast at Biggs seriesto discuss prostate healthLUMBERTON — Enjoy a healthy breakfast and learn about prostate health on Monday during the Br...
Southeastern Wound Healing Center marks Wound Care Awareness Week
LUMBERTON — Southeastern Wound Healing Center, an affiliate of Southeastern Health and member of the Healogics network, is raising awareness of ...
No equipment needed for these bodyweight workouts
On Memorial Day, I got to take part in a CrossFit workout entitled “Murph.” It is named for Lt. Michael P. Murphy, a Navy Seal who was kil...
Lunch and Learn to discussdiabetic food managementLUMBERTON — Learn about managing diabetes and enjoy a healthy lunch on Tuesday at 11 a.m. in S...
Robeson County to expand testing, treatment help for Hepatitis C
Recently, a federal judge ruled that the state of Washington’s Medicaid program must pay for the treatment of all of its Hepatitis C cases ̵...